Alton Towers Weekend Getaway!



So last Friday I visited Alton Towers for a weekend mini break for my boyfriends birthday last week. we had booked this for a while at the start of the year and had been counting down the days until the weekend. As people that know me know I love me a good rollercoaster or two so as you can imagine I was raring to go.. From the moment of arriving till the very last few minutes the Alton Towers Resort did not disappoint one bit! After the many years of visiting the theme park, I had never stayed onsite so thought I would try it out..We had chosen to stay at the Splash Landings Resort on site, which was also home to The Alton Towers Waterpark ‘Splash Landings’..

The hotel itself was nice and you got what you paid for essentially with immaculate rooms all the amenities you could need for yourself and for people with families... At the time of booking we managed to get a deal that included buffet breakfast and buy one get on free on park entry,early ride times etc. 

For the early ride time alone I feel that it is more than beneficial to stay on-site to get a chance to ride all rides more and even more than once to avoid ques that reach up to 90 minutes waiting time. One major tip I reccomend is BUY THE REFILLABLE DRINK!!! It costs £7 and you can have unlimited drink refills all day and especially in the hot weather the UK has been experiencing recently it is such a good idea to stay hydrated for less!! Also another major recommendation is that if you can afford it, buy fast tracks!!! It saves you a lot of time and leaves your visits to the park stress free and relaxing leaving you free to roam around and take your time and enjoy your day rather then spending the majority of your day stood in very long ques all day and worrying about getting from one ride to another. 

Something that I feel often gets neglected is the Towers in the park.. it is the whole main reason why Alton Towers is what it is today and many people don’t seem to visit this which is such a shame as I feel that it is a hidden gem inside with lots of beautiful architecture and filled with lots of interesting facts.. You can see for yourself from some of the pictures I took below.So if your in the park, Go visit!!!!

The park itself has seen some changes since I last visited in October such as the new ride ‘Wickerman’ which is one of the first wooden rollercoasters in over 20 years to have been built and personally I felt didn’t fail to impress although my slight criticism is that I felt it was over a little to quickly and the brief VT at the start wasn’t the best and could have been improved to give it more of an atmosphere.

From start to finish we had such a great time with such kind and friendly staff that went out of the way in order to make sure everyone had an amazing time and always were happy and nothing was ever too much for them to handle.. From this being the first time staying onsite, I will definitely be returning to an Alton Towers hotel in the future.

Olivia x










Comments

Popular Posts