‘Grandad’

"GRANDAD"

I'll always remember the days that's would come and see you, run and climb upon your
Knee, then you would hum and sing a tune and then tell something funny. 
How we would always find you sitting in your chair and how you didn't even care, that you weren't blood family. Even remember one day calling you grandad and being convinced there was no other man that held the title.. then being corrected one day and being one confused young child..how couldn't you be "Grandad" I couldn't quite understand, I said as I held your hand...

As the years went by and my beliefs grew strong I kept wondering why... why to me that this man was one who to me felt was "Grandad".. now I'm not saying I love the others any more or less, you were there to hold the title but never replace or make anyone second best.. you mended the patch, after the passing of the last.. to us we're "Grandad" 

Although your gone, my head will be filled with great memories. Like the times you would point out holes in our ripped jeans, make fun of us, but it was never mean and oh how from our laughter our smiles would beam. And the times you try to get involved and dress up in our fancy dress clothes..I have all the photos and what are now worn out and ripped old fancy dress clothes..

Now all that's left to say, this simply isn't goodbye because to me  it isn't nor will you ever be, it's just simply a "Cya later"... Thank you for being "grandad" we will miss you more than you'll ever know, I'll see you later but for now You must go.. I'll always remember you, think of you always , Grandad..

Olivia x








In memory of Arthur Gilbert "Gill" Shinton 
1927 - 2017

Comments

Popular Posts